Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review of Young Justice Season 2 Episode 11 Cornered


So now after yet another 3 month hiatus Young Justice has returned for good but has it been worth wait?


For starters I'm not a big fan of how The Reach is trying Justice League make the Justice League look bad it's an overly cliched plot and I do not buy it. The Justice League have been around for a little over ten years in this show and we're just expected for the public to turn against them seriously!? We also have our Tim Curry new reporter guy G. Gordon Godfrey (haha get it?) who is clearly working for the reach trying to change the public opinion through a talk show. I also don't buy that completely either because it would be like everyone becoming single minded conservatives from the O'Reily factor, I mean this is supposed to in the year 2016 shouldn't he be complaining about what a bad job Obama has done? I know it's supposed to be a satire on how much the media effects our lives but the probably is G Gordan Godfrey is actually a minor character in the comics having very few appearance in 80's when the media controlled nearly everything but it's not so much like that today with the growth of blogs through the internet but TV shows still continually use him, it's just a satire that is no longer relevant but hopefully it will lead to a bigger build, besides he still have seen little retaliation. Also why is the JL keeping the global satellite secret, it's not like to many enemies can be aiming for space or the fact that enemies know where it is because oh yeah, they do! I also have trouble believing the governments could go this long without noticing either. As for the episode itself I still did enjoy it our main villain Despero and wise cracking L-Ron are good additions but it feels incomplete like we didn't see enough of them, heck we seem to see some pretty lackluster fighting in this episode, in fact the climax in the fight was well really anti-climactic. On the plus side though this finally gave the show a chance for us to see character development for Mal, as in he actually gets to do something in  this episode with a real role with the team. Miss Martian and Superboy also had focus put on them too over the whole psychic link thing and see if the ends justify the means and I'm certain we will see more focus on there relationship in the future. We also get a subplot about The Runaways and what there effects were, and let me say this but I'm really happy Phil Lamarr who is part of the cast isn't playing Static, as much as I love his character I really don't think he would have been able to pull off the dramatic edge Bryton James did. Needless to say his appearance I believe to be the high point of this episode along with the interactions between Impulse and Blue Beetle. The fact that Blue Beetle wants to get rid a scarab should lead to an interesting plot line. This is yet another episode that let me feeling like it could have had a lot more but in a bad way, the sub plot with Despero seems so forgettable like it was planned for the comic before it got cancelled. I mean I'm sure Ms. Martian, Superboy, and Mal got good character development out of the Despero plot but it felt like it wasn't enough for us to see.

Overall this might be my least favorite episode of the season so far.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment